Skip to main content

Teething syrup may have caused kidney failure

BBC News reports that the Nigerian food and drug agency says that 25 children aged between three months and four years have died after taking a contaminated teething syrup. It has been suggested that the syrup was contaminated with diethylene glycol. This chemical is used as anti-freeze and an engine coolant and may have triggered kidney failure in the children. Follow the link to find out more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food recalls from Australia

Washed Rind Pty Ltd — St Simeon White Mould Cheese, Le Coulommiers, Coulommiers Truffe Cheese and Brie de Nangis. The recall is due to potential microbial Listeria monocytogenes contamination.

Steve's Fresh Farm Eggs — Fresh Eggs From My Farm 12 Free Range Eggs 700g & Fresh Eggs From My Farm Cage Eggs 700g. The recall is due to potential microbial (Salmonella enteritidis) contamination.

Organic Spring Pty Ltd — Imported French Cheeses. The recall is due to potential microbial Listeria monocytogenes contamination.

Labels

Show more